St. Peter’s Church, Port Chester
Father Hilario Albert, Rector19 Smith StreetPort Chester, NY firstname.lastname@example.org
In 1824, Christ’s Church Rye founded a mission church, St. Peter’s, in the neighboring community of Port Chester with the aim of providing service to both the congregation and the wider community. Christ’s Church Rye’s service and connection to the St. Peter’s community continues today.
The following programs run out of St. Peter’s Church in Port Chester:
- Sunday Neighborhood Dinner (serving 12,000 hot meals a year)
- The Learning Center (an afterschool program serving up to 35 elementary school age children)
- Summer Camp (a full day program in July and August serving 60 children between the ages of 8-12)
- The Mobile Food Bank (distributing food twice a month including 1500 bags of fresh vegetables monthly)
- Third Wednesday Rapid Food Distribution (from 3 – 6 pm)
- Friday after school Music and Art Program
- Mentoring for capital campaign to raise money for the preservation of Tiffany windows.
When considering becoming a volunteer for one of the children’s programs, please understand that continuity and trust are essential to these children. Committing to regular participation, even if only once a week, is of great importance.
For further information please contact Beverley Sherrid at email@example.com